UVIWE focuses on PUTTING YOUNG FUTURES FIRST & BUILDING A BETTER FUTURE WITH YOU by unlocking the potential of all children.
We believe that “at risk” youth can be active participants in shaping their own “better” future. We do not treat programme participants as passive “beneficiaries”, but rather as active agents of change.
UVIWE’s development programmes focus on 5 broad outcomes – areas of impact:
- EDUCATION SUPPORT (ECD & AFTER SCHOOL)
- KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE (PROTECTIVE BEHAVIOURS)
- BUILDING RESILIENT FAMILIES (POSITIVE PARENTING & INDEPENDENT LIVING PROGRAMMES)
- STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY BASED CHILD PROTECTION SYSTEMS
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (YOUTH SKILLS PROGRAMME)
Our programmes are designed to include the “voice of young people”, i.e. facilitate child participation, as well as learn from evidence based research in implementing effective programmes.
Our programmes are built on strong education, life skills and development pillars, with inclusion of elements of Protective Behaviours. We believe that Protective Behaviours are essential as an effective child abuse prevention strategy, mostly due to the socio-economic challenges of the underprivileged communities where we work.