SCHOOL AWARENESS – BACKPACKERS PROGRAMME
WHAT IS THE SCHOOL AWARENESS PROGRAMME?
UVIWE’s School Awareness Programme is a structured life skills programme aimed at learners from Grade R – Grade 7.
The purpose of the awareness programmes is:
- To promote children’s rights.
- To promote awareness around child abuse
- To equip children with knowledge and skills to identify and report abuse and other rights violations
- To help learners understand and identify the difference between safe and unsafe situations.
- To equip leaners with the necessary tools and processes to report unsafe situations.
- To equip learners with skills that they can use later in life to ensure their safety.
- To listen to learners and to create a platform for them to feel heard.
BACKPACKERS PROGRAMME – preparing young people for the journey of life
NATIONAL AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS
Uviwe Child & Youth Services support most of the national awareness campaigns focussing on the rights of children. We run door to door, robot and public awareness campaigns for the following awareness days: