POSITIVE PARENTING PROGRAMME
It is often referred to as the ‘Ordinary magic’ – parental love, or the presence of a caring adult in a child’s life and possible connections to opportunity – can help a child to succeed even in the face of poverty and adversity
WHAT IS THE POSITIVE PARENTING PROGRAMME?
UVIWE runs the following parenting workshops to equip parents with practical tools in dealing with the challenges of parenthood. We celebrate small achievements and confront real issues affecting our children, such as drugs, gangs, school drop outs.
The following opportunities are available to parents who want to build healthy families together.
- Monthly parenting education workshops
- Monthly coffee club meetings (informal support groups)
- Additional parent education and support where requested
- Topic specific parent education workshops for Uviwe ECD’s
- Parents of children from all our programmes are welcome to join our parent groups
PARENT EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
Bring parents back to the education table
Parent Appreciate Workshops
Better Wellbeing for parents
Social Media & Your child
“PARENT CONNECT”- COFFEE CLUB
Support Group for Parents
Connected Parents Group