SPORT 4 CHANGE
WHAT IS THE SPORT 4 CHANGE PROGRAMME?
A healthy body houses a healthy mind.
UVIWE’s sport programmes include both integrated physical activities, such as exercise and sport during the afterschool, youth club and holiday club. We also have a dedicated partnership with a KARATE DOJO for the stand-alone KARATE programme. Our sport and exercise activities have the following objectives:
- To promote a healthy and active lifestyle through participation in sport
- To promote discipline
- To promote the participation of children in the sport towards provincial and national level where they show promise
KARATE – LITTLE SAMURAI’S (ECD)
YOUNG SAMURAI’S (YOUTH – age 9+)
Benefits of the karate programme:
- Physical development: Muscle strength and conditioning, Motor skills, flexibility, agility, balance, general fitness
- Mental Development: Focus, concentration, orientation and coordination.
- Emotional Development: Feel good activities through games. Develop a sense of achievement through the training methods that shows progression and improvement and give recognition to the children.
- Technical Knowledge: Basic karate technical skills that will allow children to be integrated into any other karate school post Uviwe.
- Discipline: Traditional techniques and methods will be used to assist children with general etiquette and manners as well as response and interaction with each other and instructors/teachers
KFC MINI-CRICKET – PROGRAMME STARTING IN 2019